Whether you’re designing your bathroom for the first time or are completing a bathroom remodeling project, you’ll have numerous decisions to make. After you spend hours deciding on what colors you want and what materials to use, you’ll also want to consider what happens with your shower. And in that regard, many homeowners will have a hard time deciding whether they want a glass shower door or a standard shower curtain. In this post, we’ll provide some guidance on the topic and discuss the pros and cons of each method.
Shower Curtain Pros and Cons
While glass is typically preferred over a curtain, shower curtains do offer many advantages. Check out some pros and cons of shower curtains below:
- Simplicity — Shower curtains can offer a simple, yet appealing look. Depending on the style of your bathroom, a shower curtain can work perfectly and look amazing.
- Easy Maintenance — If your shower curtain ever gets dirty, you can simply take it down and give it a wash. On the other hand, the cleaning process for glass is a little more extensive.
- Accessibility — Another benefit of a shower curtain involves accessibility, especially if you have kids. A shower curtain can easily be pulled to one side, and you don’t have to worry about your kids falling on glass and possibly causing a severe injury.
One downfall of a shower curtain is that it can sometimes be less appealing. However, this ultimately depends on your color scheme, the materials you use, and the look you have in mind. For example, if you have a high-end bathroom with high-quality craftsmanship and top-of-the-line features, then you might want to opt for a glass shower door. However, there are some high-end shower curtains available today that look far more appealing than curtains of the past.
Glass Pros and Cons
While you may think that glass is always the better option, that is not always the case. While it tends to look more appealing, it really depends on what style you have in mind and the other elements of the space. Take a look at some pros and cons of glass showers doors:
- Modern Look — Today, more and more people are looking for a modern appearance inside their homes. And when it comes to shower doors or curtains, a glass door tends to give off a more modern look.
- Makes Other Elements Stand Out — Another benefit of a glass shower door is that it can make other elements of your bathroom really pop. For example, using a glass door allows you to see more of what’s inside your actual shower. Therefore, if you have gorgeous stone or tile on the inside of your shower, then using a glass door can make those elements stand out.
One downfall of glass shower doors involves the fact that there is obviously more to think about when it comes to installation and care. For one, you have to think about the clearance you have next to your vanity; forgetting this factor could lead to serious cleaning problems. If you have a gap between the glass panel and vanity, then that area could trap in water, which can lead to troublesome mildew buildup and mold growth. If you plan to install a glass shower door, it’s vital to think about spacing, location, and leaving enough room for proper cleaning.
We’re the Glass Experts You Need!
If you decide to move forward with a glass shower door installation, then you can’t afford to work with just anyone. You need a high-quality glass-installation business that knows exactly what they’re doing. If you live in Fort Worth, Weatherford, or anywhere in the surrounding area, then turn to the experts here at Advanced Auto Glass. We can install a new glass shower door within a few hours! Contact us today to finally have the shower of your dreams.